Follow Metropolitan Police

Man convicted of violent assaults

News   •   Jan 20, 2019 08:00 GMT

[Convicted: Aaron Sinclair]

A man has been convicted of two assaults that left one victim with a stab wound to the neck and another victim with a stab wound to the face.

Aaron Sinclair, 24 (30.09.94) of no fixed abode was found guilty by a jury at Harrow Crown Court on Thursday, 17 January of two counts of GBH.

He will be sentenced at the same court on Friday, 8 March.

The court heard that on 27 May 2017, a 22-year-old man had met Sinclair at around 00:40hrs on Press Road, NW10. Sinclair made a comment to the victim causing them to square up to each other outside of their vehicles before he brandished a knife.

Upon seeing the knife the victim returned to the car, however Sinclair followed him and, through the open driver’s side window, stabbed him in the neck.

The victim immediately started driving towards Wembley where he intended on going straight to Northwick Park Hospital, however, he saw Wembley police station first so he pulled into the car park and ran into the front station.

Officers at the station applied immediate first aid and requested the London Ambulance Service (LAS). He was taken to a central London hospital where his injuries were deemed to be life-changing.

Whilst being treated for the stab wound, the victim named Sinclair as the suspect and told officers where the attack had taken place. A number of units went to the scene on Press Road where a number of males in cars attempted to leave, however none of these men were the suspect.

On 19 September 2017 - in similar circumstances - a 52-year-old man self-presented at a central London hospital with a stab injury to the jaw.

The victim said that he was driving on Heather Road, NW2 when Sinclair jumped out in front of the vehicle. The victim stopped the car and Sinclair opened the door before demanding £800 which he claimed the victim owed him. He then punched him in the face before stabbing the victim in the chin with a kitchen knife.

The victim drove to the hospital for treatment; medical staff stated that the stab wound had just missed a major artery. His injuries were later deemed non-life threatening or changing.

On 19 July 2018, Sinclair was arrested after a short chase in a stolen vehicle. He ran from officers before being found in a garden nearby.

He was charged with attempted murder, causing grievous bodily harm and possession of cannabis. He was remanded in custody to appear at Willesden Magistrates’ Court that same day.

Acting Detective Sergeant John Gillespie, from the North-West Command Unit, said: “On both occasions, the victims were extremely lucky that Sinclair’s actions did not kill them. He’s a violent individual and I’m very grateful to the jury and witnesses for helping us to secure this conviction.

“A massive thank you also goes to my colleagues at Wembley police stations who’s actions most certainly saved a life.”