Follow Metropolitan Police

Man jailed following two violent assaults in Brent

News   •   Mar 11, 2019 11:29 GMT

[Aaron Sinclair]

A man has been jailed for 22 years after being convicted of two violent assaults.

Aaron Sinclair, 24 (30.09.94) of no fixed abode was jailed at Harrow Crown Court on Friday, 8 March after being convicted of two counts of GBH at the same court on 17 January.

The court heard that on 27 May 2017, a 22-year-old man had met Sinclair at around 00:40hrs on Press Road, NW10. Sinclair made a comment to the victim causing them to square up to each other outside of their vehicles before he brandished a knife.

Upon seeing the knife the victim returned to the car, however Sinclair followed him and, through the open driver's side window, stabbed him in the neck.

The victim immediately started driving towards Wembley where he intended on going straight to Northwick Park Hospital, however, he saw Wembley police station first so he pulled into the car park and ran into the front station.

Officers at the station applied immediate first aid and requested the London Ambulance Service (LAS). He was taken to a central London hospital where his injuries were deemed to be life-changing.

Whilst being treated for the stab wound, the victim named Sinclair as the suspect and told officers where the attack had taken place. A number of units went to the scene on Press Road where a number of males in cars attempted to leave, however none of these men were the suspect.

On 19 September 2017 - in similar circumstances - a 52-year-old man self-presented at a central London hospital with a stab injury to the jaw.

The victim said that he was driving on Heather Road, NW2 when Sinclair jumped out in front of the vehicle. The victim stopped the car and Sinclair opened the door before demanding £800 which he claimed the victim owed him. He then punched him in the face before stabbing the victim in the chin with a kitchen knife.

The victim drove to the hospital for treatment; medical staff stated that the stab wound had just missed a major artery. His injuries were later deemed non-life threatening or changing.

On 19 July 2018, Sinclair was arrested after a short chase in a stolen vehicle. He ran from officers before being found in a garden nearby.

He was charged with attempted murder, causing grievous bodily harm and possession of cannabis. He was remanded in custody to appear at Willesden Magistrates' Court that same day.

Acting Detective Sergeant John Gillespie, said: "This is a significant sentence and one which Sinclair thoroughly deserves.

"On both occasions, the victims were extremely lucky that Sinclair's actions did not kill them. He's a violent individual and I'm very grateful to the jury and witnesses for helping us to secure this conviction.

"A massive thank you also goes to my colleagues at Wembley police stations whose actions most certainly saved a life."