A man who sexually abused two young girls has been jailed.
Davis Kigozi, 25 (25.12.92) of no fixed abode was jailed for seven years at Harrow Crown Court on Friday, 7 December.
He will also be made to sign the Sexual Offenders Register and be subject to a Sexual Harm Prevention Order.
Kigozi had been found guilty at the same court on 8 November of four counts of sexual activity with a child and two counts of sexual activity with a child by penetration. The offences relate to two girls who did not know each other.
The court heard how Kigozi preyed on the two girls while he was in relationships with older women who were known to the girls.
In the first instance on 28 May 2017 Kigozi came back to the victim's address in Charlton and sexually assaulted her. The girl - who was 13 at the time of the attack - managed to escape from Kigozi and locked herself in a separate room. Kigozi threatened to kill himself if the girl told anyone what had happened.
Almost a year later on 12 May Kigozi - who was now in a different relationship - struck again. Kigozi, who had been drinking at the address, made his way into the 13-year-old victim's bedroom in Colindale and sexually assaulted her. During the attack, the girl's mother came into the bedroom and disturbed Kigozi. He tried to blame the abuse on another family member but police were called and Kigozi was arrested.
Detective Constable Jackie McKenzie-Bell of the North West Command Unit led the investigation and said:
"Kigozi is a sexual predator who abused his position of trust to assault two vulnerable girls. I can only hope his conviction can give them some form of closure to their ordeal.
"Given the similarity of Kigozi's offences, it cannot be discounted that he has abused other children. I would appeal to anyone who has been a victim of Kigozi to come forward and speak to police. There are specially trained officers to support you and who will strive to obtain justice for you."