Follow Metropolitan Police

Third man jailed in connection with Khalid Farah murder

News   •   Sep 12, 2018 21:21 BST

Victim - Khalid Farah

A third man has been jailed in connection with the murder of 26-year-old Khalid Farah in Southall last November.

Joshua Folorunso, 27 (27.10.90) of Station Road, Loudwater, appeared at the Old Bailey on Monday, 10 September where he was sentenced to six years imprisonment for perverting the course of justice by setting fire to a vehicle used in the fatal shooting of Khalid Farah in Southall.

In the early hours of Saturday, 11 November 2017, Khalid was sitting in his parked car with a friend in Lady Margaret Road, Southall. At around 01:20hrs, two males arrived in the area in a black VW Tiguan which was later found to have been stolen and fitted with false number plates.

One of the males got out of the vehicle, raised a shotgun and fired into the driver’s side of the car where Khalid was sitting. He sadly died from his injuries that same morning.

The VW Tiguan which sped away from the scene was later found burned out at Knowles Close.

Detectives established that on the day of the murder there were a number of calls made between Folorunso and the occupants of the Tiguan. In addition, his mobile phone and his car were both found to have been in the vicinity of the Tiguan when it was set on fire.

Detective Inspector Garry Moncrieff of the Homicide and Major Crime Command said: “The sentence handed down does not mark the end of what has been a devastating experience for Khalid’s relatives and friends.

“While the legal process has now come to a close, the grieving for Khalid’s loved ones will continue.

“I sincerely hope that the knowledge that Khalid’s murderers and the associate who tried to cover for them have been jailed bring a measure of comfort.”

++ Two men have previously been jailed for the murder of Kahlid Farar.

Malique Thompson-Hill - 22 (10.05.96) of Burghley Court, Maidenhead and Jermiane Paul - 23 (14.04.95) of Acacia Avenue, West Drayton were found guilty of murder on 23 and 24 August.

They were sentenced at the Old Bailey on Thursday, 30 August to life imprisonment – to serve a minimum of 30 years.