Follow Metropolitan Police

Renewed appeal following death of a man in Acton

News   •   Mar 30, 2020 16:00 BST

[Victim}: Stefan Melnyk, 54

Murder detectives make further appeal as they continue to investigate the death of a man in Acton.

Police were called at around 12:50hrs on Sunday, 22 March, to a car in collision with a man in Salisbury Street, W4.

The victim, previously named by police as 54-year-old Stefan Melnyk, had been struck by a car.

Stefan, who was from Acton, was taken to hospital but died the next day.

His next of kin were informed and are receiving specialist support.

Detectives await the outcome of a post-mortem examination.

Officers found that another man, aged 39, who had been working nearby, had also been injured following the collision. He had been cut with a knife and was treated at the scene by medics from LAS. It was established his injuries were not serious.

Detective Chief Inspector Simon Harding, who leads the investigation for the Met’s Specialist Crime Command, said: “We are still appealing for contact from anyone who has not already come forward that may have seen the incident in Salisbury Street, Acton at around 12:50hrs on Sunday, 22 March. This includes telephone footage that may have been taken.

“A number of people came to Stefan’s aid as police were called to the incident, which undoubtedly would have been very traumatising to witness.

“Please give us a call and share any pieces of information you may have – it could assist our investigation and help us secure justice for Stefan, as well as the man who was stabbed following the incident.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on 101 or via @MetCC quoting CAD2470/22MAR, or call detectives in the incident room on 020 8721 4205.

To give information 100 per cent anonymously via Crimestoppers, call 0800 555 111.

+Officers who attended the scene in Salisbury Street arrested a 28-year-old woman on suspicion of attempted murder. She was later arrested on suspicion of murder and charged with both counts. She was remanded by the court to appear at a further hearing in June.