Follow Metropolitan Police

Appeal to local businesses for CCTV - death of man in Pinner

News   •   Jan 12, 2021 16:47 GMT

Detectives investigating the death of a man found near Eastcote tube station, Pinner on Sunday, 10 January are appealing for witnesses and local business owners to make contact with police.

Police were called by London Ambulance Service (LAS) shortly after 22:30hrs following reports of a fight on Field End Road, Pinner.

Officers attended, along with LAS, and found an unresponsive man. Despite the best efforts of emergency services, the man, believed to be aged in his 40s, was pronounced dead at the scene.

His next of kin have been informed but formal identification is yet to take place.

A post-mortem examination took place at Uxbridge Mortuary on Monday, 11 January but did not establish a cause of death. Further tests will be carried out.

Detective Chief Inspector Vicky Tunstall, of the Met’s Specialist Crime Command, said:

"It would appear that an altercation occurred between two males just along from the tube station at around 22:15hrs on Sunday evening.

“During that altercation, one of the males was punched and, sadly, died at the scene.

“Although the area was not believed to be busy at the time due to COVID restrictions, I am appealing to those who own commercial or residential premises near to 243 Field End Road to make contact with us if you have CCTV cameras in your premises. Additionally, were you driving along this road at that time either in your own vehicle, a commercial vehicle or via public transport?

“We are particularly interested in tracing a small, red car which is believed to have passed the incident at the relevant time.

“We urge anyone who saw the incident or may have captured the events leading up to it on CCTV to make contact with police.”

Anyone who can assist is asked to call 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 6317/10 Jan.

To remain 100% anonymous, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit

= A 21-year-old man who was arrested as part of this investigation has been bailed pending further enquiries to a date in early February.