Follow Metropolitan Police

Convicted paedophile's sentence extended following further conviction

News   •   Sep 05, 2019 14:54 BST

[Jailed] Glyn Davies

A convicted paedophile has been sentenced to a further 16 months’ imprisonment after he was convicted of sexually abusing a young boy.

Glyn Davies, 74 (27.03.45) pleaded guilty to four counts of indecently assaulting a young boy under the age of 14 between 1 January 1985 and 31 December 1988.

He is currently serving a six-year prison sentence at HMP Bure, after he was convicted at Isleworth Crown Court in 2016 of two counts of indecent assault of a boy aged under 14.

At Croydon Crown Court on Thursday, 5 September Davies was sentenced to 16 months’ imprisonment, to be served consecutively to the sentencing he is already serving.

The court heard Davies was a dance/drama teacher who ran a stage school in Coulsdon in Croydon at the time, and was known by the name of Glyn Knowles when he committed the offences.

The victim, who was aged between seven and 10 at the time the offences were committed, contacted police after seeing a story about Davies’ 2016 conviction in the media.

He told police that Davies used to take him into another room during drama class and sexually abuse him.

As a result of the abuse, the victim said he lost his ability to trust in adults and that the incident impacted his entire teenage and adult life.

PC Laura Davies, of South Command Unit Safeguarding, said: “I would like to commend the actions of the victim for having the strength to come forward and report this sexual abuse so many years later.

“Davies was a prolific sexual offender who abused his position as a dance teacher to target young boys. I am glad he has now received a further prison sentence and will no longer be able to prey on young children. I hope this conviction brings some form of closure to the victims’ and their families.

“Davies also used the surnames Knowles, Krauss and Krauss-Davies during the 1980s and there may be other victims who are yet to come forward. I would urge anyone who is yet to speak to police to contact us.”