Follow Metropolitan Police

Man pleads guilty to murdering his mother and father in Kensington & Chelsea

News   •   Oct 03, 2019 16:19 BST

[Guilty]: Sergey Koudriavstev

A man who killed his mother and father has pleaded guilty to murder.

Sergey Koudriavstev, 48 (01.05.71), of no fixed abode, pleaded guilty at the Old Bailey today, Thursday, 3 October.

Both his mother Tatiana, 68 and his father Vladimir Koudriavstev, 69, were found stabbed to death in their flat in Adair Tower, Appleford Road, W10.

Both were from Russia but had lived in the UK for many years.

The court hear how on Thursday 23, May, at approximately 06:29hrs, a man phoned Surrey police and stated he had called to ‘surrender himself for murder.’

He went on to explain that he had killed two family members at a flat in Adair Tower.

He stated he was making the call from Chiddingfold, Goldalming, Surrey.

Surrey officers attended and found Sergey sat on a bench in a churchyard area and they arrested him for murder at 06:52 hours.

As a result of that information Met officers went to Adair Tower and forced entry.

Inside they discovered the bodies of Tatiana and Vladimir.

A post-mortem examination for both of them took place on Saturday, 25 May and gave the cause of death as stab wounds.

Sergey was initially taken to Guildford Custody but later conveyed to Croydon Custody Centre where he was later interviewed and admitted the killings.

Detectives from Specialist Crime South (Homicide) conducted the investigation.

Sergey told officers he had moved into his parent’s home some three years ago.

He had brought his Neapolitan mastiff, called Enzo, with him, but as Enzo got older, his health deteriorated and he felt his parents were exacerbating his problems.

He said they would open windows in the flat and create draughts, which he felt was making his dog poorly.

On the day of the murder he told police he had argued with his parents and then decided to kill them.

He then carried out the fatal stabbing of both parents.

He left the flat with Enzo, who he dropped off at a veterinary surgery. The dog was later re-homed through an animal charity.

Sergey was charged with two counts of murder on the afternoon of Friday, 24 May.

He appeared in custody at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Saturday, 25 May and was remanded to appear at the Old Bailey.