Skip to content
Murder investigation launched in Haringey

News -

Murder investigation launched in Haringey

Detectives are appealing for information and witnesses after a fatal shooting in Haringey.

Police were called at 22:31hrs on Tuesday, 21 September to reports of a man shot on Green Lanes, close to the junction with West Green Road, N8.

A man was found at the scene with gunshot injuries and despite the efforts of paramedics, the 22-year-old man from Newham was pronounced dead at the scene.

His family have been informed and are being supported by specialist officers.

A murder enquiry in now underway led by homicide detectives from the Met’s Specialist Crime Command.

Two further people are believed to have been injured in the shooting.

A 24-year-old man [Victim 2] self-presented at a hospital with gunshot injuries that are not life-threatening.

Police subsequently received a call to a residential address in the Edmonton area after a man, aged in his late 30s [Victim 3], reported that he had been shot whilst in the Green Lanes area. He has also been taken to hospital; his injuries are also not life-threatening.

Four men, all aged in their early 20s, have been arrested on suspicion of murder and are currently in police custody.

Detective Chief Inspector Wayne Jolley, who leads the investigation, said: “ We are investigating the brutal murder of a young man. This wanton act has left a family traumatised and mourning the loss of a loved one, while two more people have needed urgent hospital treatment. If you witnessed the shooting, have any information or were driving in the area and have dashcam footage, please call police. Your information will be treated in complete confidence and you can always call Crimestoppers if you do not want to give your name.

“Although four people have been arrested on suspicion of murder; I want the public to understand this is still very early in the investigation and I am sure further arrests will need to made. We need to take the gun and the gunman off the streets and I need the public’s help to do that.”

Chief Superintendent Simon Crick, in charge of the North Area Command Unit, said: “This is a dreadfully sad loss of life and I understand how shocked the community will be. 

“My thoughts are with the family of this young man. I want the Community to know that they can expect to see more officers in the area and to approach them if they want to discuss any concerns or share any information.”

Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC. Please quote CAD 8093/21SEP.

To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Subjects

Tags

Regions