Two weeks on from a shooting in Southwark, detectives are renewing appeals for witnesses and information.
Police were called shortly before 03:00hrs on Sunday, 23 May following reports of gunshots on Consort Road, SE15.
Officers attended with paramedics from the London Ambulance Service. They found 27-year-old Sasha Johnson, who had been shot.
Sasha was taken by ambulance to a south London hospital where she remains in a critical condition. Her family continue to be supported by specialist officers.
Sasha’s mother, Ellet Dalling, said: ““What has happened to Sasha has left us devastated. She is currently fighting for her life in hospital with two children asking where their mummy is, what do I tell them? Someone must have information to what happened and to come forward.
“Sasha is passionate about standing up for others, please come forward and stand up for Sasha. Come forward to help us, I know it is not always easy but imagine if it was your daughter or the mother of your children. I believe there are people out there that can help.”
A man – believed aged in his 20s – also suffered a superficial knife injury during the incident. He attended hospital and was discharged following treatment.
Detectives from the Specialist Crime Command are leading the investigation.
On Wednesday, 26 May, five males were arrested in connection with the incident.
On Friday, 28 May, four [A, C, D and E] were released on bail until a date in late June. An 18-year-old man [B] was charged with conspiracy to murder.
Enquiries continue to establish a motive but at this stage, there is nothing to suggest that Sasha was the subject of a targeted attack.
Detective Chief Inspector Richard Leonard, said: “Yesterday marked two weeks since Sasha Johnson was shot. Although we have made a number of arrests, I am continuing to appeal to anyone who is yet to come forward to please speak with officers. I would also urge those who were at the party to make contact and tell us what you know. It is vital that we gather as much information as possible to establish what happened in the early hours of that Sunday morning and why.
“Sasha remains in a critical condition, and her family has been left devastated by what has happened. We are in regular contact with them, and quite rightly, they have a lot of questions that are currently unanswered. You can help us to provide them with the answers they desperately need.
“Were you in the vicinity of Consort Road, or did you see anyone fleeing the area? Please do the right thing and call us, or Crimestoppers.”
Superintendent Kris Wright from the Central South Command Unit which covers policing for Southwark and Lambeth said: “Our thoughts remain with Sasha and her family at this time.
“My officers continue to work with the community and local authority to provide as much reassurance as possible to residents following this shocking incident.
“I would encourage you to speak with you Safer Neighbourhoods team if you have any concerns or wish to provide information.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4843, on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote reference CAD 1172/23May.
Video and images can be sent directly to police via this link: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/01MPS21S34-PO1
Information can also be provided to Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.