UPDATE: Met officer charged with additional offences by Hertfordshire Constabulary
A Metropolitan Police officer has been charged with further offences by Hertfordshire Constabulary as part of an ongoing investigation.
The latest charges were brought on Monday, 10 January by Hertfordshire Constabulary as part of an ongoing investigation.
PC David Carrick, 47, based within the Met’s Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command, was previously charged by Hertfordshire Constabulary on Sunday, 3 October, 2021 with rape.
On Wednesday, 24 November, Hertfordshire Constabulary confirmed that PC Carrick had been charged with an additional 13 offences, relating to a further three victims.
The victims are all adult women and the charges relate to the time period 2017 - 2020 and include:
- Three counts of rape;
- Three counts of sexual assault;
- Two counts of sexual assault by penetration;
- Two counts of coercive and controlling behaviour;
- One count of false imprisonment;
- One count of attempted sexual assault by penetration;
- One count of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent.
PC Carrick appeared via video link at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Friday, 26 November in relation to these additional charges. He later appeared at St Albans Crown Court on Friday, 3 December for a Plea and Trial Preparation Hearing (PTPH).
On Monday, 10 January 2022, he was notified of a further nine charges, which relate to four further victims who have come forward since the investigation began.
The new charges, which cover six counts of rape, one count of attempted rape, one count of assault by penetration and one count of coercive and controlling behaviour, are alleged to have taken place between 2009 and 2018.
Carrick has now been charged with a total of 29 offences relating to eight women:
- Thirteen counts of rape
- Five counts of sexual assault
- Three counts of assault by penetration
- Three counts of coercive and controlling behaviour
- Two counts of false imprisonment
- One count of attempted rape
- One count of attempted sexual assault by penetration
- One count of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent
Carrick will make his first court appearance in relation to the new charges via video link at Westminster Magistrates' court on Wednesday, 12 January.
He remains remanded in custody at this time.
PC Carrick was previously arrested on Saturday, 2 October 2021, by Hertfordshire Constabulary. The Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards was informed and PC Carrick was suspended by the Metropolitan Police on the same day as his arrest. He remains suspended at this time.
Officers from the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards continue to liaise with and support Hertfordshire Constabulary in relation to this investigation.
A referral has been made to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.
We await the outcome of the above criminal proceedings.